Thursday, March 18, 2010
Shrimp Scampi in South Carolina
I am at the beach on Kiawah Island with my family for a few days. The island is beautiful and we are enjoying the nature and being together!
My sister Janna and her boyfriend, Ryan, made us all dinner tonight- shrimp scampi! The recipe was super-easy, and great, so I felt inspired to give it to you. :)
Ryan's Shrimp Scampi:
- 1 box angel hair pasta
- 2 lbs. uncooked shrimp
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 scallions
- 1 tbs. garlic
- 2-3 tsp. lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
1. melt butter in a saucepan with olive oil. add in scallions, salt and pepper and garlic.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions.
3. peel the shrimp. put on a baking sheet, pour the butter mixture over it and and broil on 450 degrees for 5 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through.
4. Squeeze lemon juice over shrimp. Put shrimp and sauce over pasta and serve! It Can also be done with tofu to make it vegetarian.
at 6:06 PM