Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Peach Muffins!


So my friends and I like to can fresh fruit in the summertime. Over the summer, my cupboards accumulate beautiful jars of peaches, cherries, apples, blueberries, strawberries, you name it! We make jam, we can the fruit whole, it's great!

I organized my pantry this week, and it made me realize how much fruit I have left to use this year! John and I don't like to eat pies very much, so I've decided to start making a few more recipes that use them.

These Peach Muffins were wonderful, and they are semi-healthy too (wheat flour, oatmeal...)! I love pastries and muffins, so this recipe was right up my alley. :)

Peach Oatmeal Muffins:
from food.com

Ingredients:
- 1 (16 ounce) can peaches, drain and diced small
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour, see note
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup oatmeal, old fashioned or 1 cup quick oats, not instant
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil

Recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix together dry ingredients, stir in oats and peaches
3. Mix together eggs, oil and milk, stir into flour and mix gently just until flour is incorporated; don't over mix lumpy is ok.
4. Pour into greased muffin cups or use muffin cups. Bake 15-18 minutes until the tops spring up lightly when touched.

2 comments: