Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 17, 2011

A taste of summer...



What do bell peppers, onions, cilantro, lime juice, a little heat equal?

HEAVEN ON EARTH.

I admit I am a Mexican food addict. Ask my husband, I would LITERALLY have taco's, taco salad chili, or some other form of Mexican food every night if I could. Give my a margarita, and anything with cilantro and lime in it, and I am a happy camper!

I want to share with you a new Salsa recipe I happened upon in one of my favorite cookbooks; The Best of Southern Living. My Aunt gave me this one for Christmas one year and I have made many recipes out of it and still do! It also has AWESOME pictures, which makes you want to cook all the yummy food even more! The best part of this salsa is that it's made with black-eyed peas! Way to go, Southern Living, for putting southern food into salsa too!

Here is the recipe! Enjoy, invite me over for salsa and margarita's! ;)

Chunky Black-eyed Pea Salsa

Ingredients:
- 1-3 jalepeno peppers, diced small (depending on the heat you want)
- 1 15oz. can of black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. grated lime peel
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (I just use the whole lime!)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Tortilla chips for serving (duh!)

Directions:
- Chop all ingredients. Try to get everything kind of around the same size.
- Add lime cilantro, beans, and olive oil. Stir everything up in a large bowl.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- ENJOY WITH CHIPS, or in salad, or whatever!

Adios! :)

1 comment: