Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Awesome Crock pot potato soup

Last night I ended up making the potato soup that I spoke of in my last post. DELICIOUS! Don't hate me for it not being the most natural potato soup, but I must say that it was worth using the cream of chicken soup mix. I normally don't want seconds on soup- ever. But this soup had me going back for more. :)

"The Best Crockpot Potato Soup Recipe" from www.grouprecipes.com
(Notes: I halved the recipe, and it was perfect for the two of us with leftovers. You can easily make this vegetarian by using vegetable stock and cream of mushroom soup).

INGREDIENTS:
5lbs. potatoes; peeled and coursely chopped
1 sm. onion; chopped
8oz. cream cheese; softened
3-14.5oz. cans reduced sodium chicken broth
1can cream of chicken soup
1/4t. pepper

GARNISHES:
crisp bacon; crumbled
shredded cheddar cheese
sliced scallions

INSTRUCTIONS:
-Put potatoes & onion in crock-pot.
-Combine the cream cheese, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup & the pepper. Add this mix to the crock-pot.
-Cover & cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours.
-After cooking time, mash the potatoes if you want the soup to be thicker.
-Ladle into bowls and garnish with the cheese & bacon. Sprinkle with sliced scallions.

Save this recipe for a day when you know you will be cold and starving when you get home, or it's a snowstorm, or you just need some comfort food... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment