Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 31, 2010

Garden update






So it's been a long while since I've blogged. Here's an update! :)

-The Winter Farm share from Enterprise farms ended last week. John and I were both a little sad about it, it's been awesome to plan around what we get in the share each week, and to know that the produce comes from great farms on the East Coast.
-We are beginning to eat things from our own garden (lettuce, arugula, spinach, herbs, radishes). I grew the radishes, spinach and arugula in my flower boxes on the front porch and it worked great!
-I planted my vegetables out early because the weather has been so warm. I am happy to report that they took just fine and are growing! I have snap peas, carrots, butternut squash, scallions, cucumbers, green beans, cilantro, lettuce, zinnias, tomatoes, peppers, cantaloupe, onions, corn, pumpkins, and zucchini. I also have strawberries, basil, thyme, oregano, parsley and chives in my little herb garden too. I am growing a wide variety of stuff, but not too many of each thing so that we can handle eating everything. I love being out there in the garden and watching everything grow! :)
-My flowers are doing well too. I have Lupine's and peonies blooming out front right now!
-Our friends, the Menice's, planted veggies in one corner of the garden too because they live in a loft apartment with no yard. I am really excited to share the experience of gardening with them too! Plus, their daughter, Maddie, is so cute and excited to see her tomatoes grow. :)

I hope y'all enjoy the pics! Enjoy the beautiful spring/summery weather too!

No comments:

Post a Comment