Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 2, 2010

More Wheatberry Recipes!

Last week I made this cold salad with wheat berries that was amazing! I am usually a really picky person when it comes to cold salads, I rarely like any sort of pasta salad etc., so I was not sure if I was going to like this. However, it was great! It had a balsamic/Mediterranean taste to it that I really liked. I am planning on making it again for cookouts this summer!

This recipe was taken from 1001 Low-fat Vegetarian Recipes, an awesome cookbook that my lovely friend, Danielle, lent me! Thanks, Danielle!

Wheat Berry and Garden Tomato Salad:


Ingredients:
-3 cups cooked wheat berries
-4 cups coarsely chopped tomatoes
-1/3 cup sliced green onions and 1/3 cup chopped parsley
-1 1/2 cups cubed cucumber
-1/2 cup (or more!) crumbled feta cheese
-Dressing (2-4 tbs. olive oil, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 2 tsp. roasted garlic (or garlic powder if you have none), 1 tsp. dried mint and oregano).

Directions:
-Mix dressing, then combine all ingredients! Serve chilled.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad that you found some yummy recipes in that cookbook. :) Sounds like this was good... don't know if I've ever had wheat berries, but it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete