Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Spinach and Strawberry Salad

Here is a salad that I have made twice already and love! The best part about it is that it uses veggies that are in season (or almost!). I will give you the recipe as I found it on allrecipes.com, but I will have a few tips at the end. :)


Ingredients

* 2 bunches spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
* 4 cups sliced strawberries
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon paprika
* 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
* 1 tablespoon poppy seeds

Directions

-combine spinach and strawberries in a large bowl.
-Combine the rest of the ingredients in another bowl and mix thoroughly to make the dressing
-Toss salad with dressing! :)

OK, so here are my tips. 1. The first time I made this, I used the full amount of sugar called for, and it was SWEET. It was like dessert salad! I actually liked it this way, but decided that it was a little ridiculous. Tonight I made it with a little less sugar, and still like it a lot. 2. If you don't have poppy seeds, just double the sesame seeds. 3. I used olive oil the second time, and didn't like it as much as using canola or vegetable oil.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment